Aer Lingus Environmental Policy Statement
Aer Lingus is committed to providing a safe, reliable and quality service to our customers that is underpinned by a policy of low fares sustained by a low cost base.
We believe it is consistent to maintain a low cost base, provide a quality service and, at the same time, assume a responsibility for playing our part in protecting the local and global environment through developing our business in a sustainable manner.
To support our environmental responsibilities Aer Lingus commits to the following environmental principles:
- To comply with all applicable environmental legislation, regulations, airport directives and aviation standards.
- To reduce the impact of our operations on the environment through a process of continual improvement, including new technologies, material substitution and pollution prevention.
- To manage resources efficiently, minimise waste and harmful releases to the environment.
- To develop environmental objectives and targets together with an environmental management programme that designates responsibilities, for all Aer Lingus operations.
- To promote environmental awareness among all employees and provide appropriate levels of training.
- To communicate the environmental policy to stakeholders including employees and the public and to encourage suppliers to adopt similar environmental management principles and practices.
- To review regularly the environmental performance of all our operations.