Aer Lingus Q1 2013 Interim Management Statement
First Quarter revenue up 3.3%
- - Q1 2013 revenues 3.3% ahead of prior year with total passengers up 2.2%.
- - Passenger yield up 3.7% with load factor up 2.7 percentage points to 71.4%.
- - Long haul yield and load factor performance was particularly strong, increasing by 5.6% and 3.4 percentage points respectively.
- - Q1 2013 operating loss, before exceptional items, of €45.5 million is €9.4 million higher than prior year largely due to Virgin wet-lease start up costs, planned changes to the long haul fleet and slightly weaker trading on UK routes.
- - Business remains financially strong with gross cash of €1.01 billion at 31 Mar.
Full 2012 Results Preliminary Announcement >>